A stainless steel rat caught fire in a South Carolina home on Wednesday and had to be extinguished, police said.
It happened around 6:30 p.m. in the 1600 block of Ritchie Drive, police spokesman Anthony Logue said.
Police said the rat was on fire and it was extinguished by firefighters.
A passerby was able to pull the rat out of the fire and place it in the back of a police cruiser, Logue told The Associated Press.
The fire was under control by 11 p.b.m., police said in a news release.
It was unclear how the rat got on fire.